ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Good Sports is a non-profit organization that gives kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing new equipment, apparel, and footwear to those most in need. Founded in 2003 with a donation of 500 basketballs, Good Sports has grown into a national organization that has donated over $70 million worth of equipment to give over 8 million kids a chance to play.
When you join Good Sports, you will find a rewarding, supportive and results-oriented environment. We are driven by our mission and motivated by the impact we are achieving. Good Sports looks for committed individuals who are problem solvers and team players.
Good Sports is looking for a strategic partner to join our growing staff as the Vice President, Operations. This position will lead Facilities & Operations Management, Technology and Human Resources for the organization. This is a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems and processes that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Good Sports mission and supporting growth and impact.
The Vice President, Operations reports to the CEO/COO. The Director of Logistics & Distribution and the HR & Operations Manager report directly to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about the mission of Good Sports
- 8-15 years of proven experience in a similar leadership administrative or operational role; MBA a plus
- Lifetime learner with a keen interest in emerging trends in business process and optimization
- Comfort and experience with complex operational systems (for example, supply chain/distribution & logistics, multi-facility operations management, etc.)
- Interest in and high acumen for IT solutions. Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft applications, collaboration software, CRM/ERP systems, and the ability to quickly learn new technology; Experience with inventory systems or software is a plus
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage in cross-functional collaboration across all Good Sports business units to achieve organizational goals
- Facilities and Operations Management:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of organizational, logistical, and operational processes and procedures
- Oversee general facilities management of office and warehouse
- Oversee needs of both office-based staff as well as remote teammates
- Build and manage relationships with vendors and partners such as landlord, building staff, technology providers, etc.
- Vendor negotiation; Development, implementation, training, and maintenance of IT resources
- Define information systems, technology, or automation requirements to support strategic initiatives
- Drive selection of and lead project management for any new technology installations
- Human Resources:
- Be a thought partner and provide strategic guidance to HR & Operations Manager
- Provides leadership, supports, motivates, and retains high-caliber staff
- Lead and execute organizational efforts related to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and a positive work culture
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Good Sports believes that compensation is just one component of our value proposition to employees. We take a holistic approach to create a meaningful and compelling employee experience which includes:
- Mission driven, socially responsible, collaborative team spirit and environment
- Workplace flexibility and work/life balance
- Competitive salary
- Access to group medical and dental insurance with an employer contribution
- Access to voluntary vision insurance and flexible savings accounts
- 401(k) with a company match
- Employer funded short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous paid time off to include 15 vacation days, eleven paid holidays, a paid day off for your birthday, plus a 1-week paid shutdown period
- Quarterly performance evaluation and developmental feedback
- Connectivity to sports network and a wide variety of community and corporate partners
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to Chris Bilello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Sports is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals of every race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements or job status.