Information Collection and How We Use That Information
Through the Site, Good Sports collects two types of information from individuals:
Personal Information. Good Sports may collect certain personal information from you via the Site, but only when such information is provided by you during your communication or transaction with us on the Site (e.g., make an online donation). Examples of information collected include your name, address, phone, email address, and credit card information. We may also obtain personal information about you from other sources and through other direct communications with you (e.g., make a donation by mail).
Site Usage Information. Good Sports may collect certain information regarding your visit to the Site and about your computer or device, including information related to your browser, your IP address, the URL of the website from which you came, your usage of the Site, and your operating system.
How We Protect Your Information
Good Sports takes your privacy concerns very seriously. To that end, only a few select members of Good Sports’ staff has access to the limited information we store on our website and our website is protected by an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. Good Sports utilizes Paypal to process and maintain all financial transactions. To learn more about Paypal’s security measures please click the link below:
How We Use That Information
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- to process, acknowledge and provide a tax receipt for donations
- to respond to donor inquiries or questions about our services
- to communicate with you in the future
- for marketing purposes
- to include in Good Sports’ donor database
- to develop new features and offerings on the Site
- to process and perform for you any request you make on our Site
- to analyze user behavior and characteristics
Sharing Your Information
Good Sports does not sell or rent your personal information to any third party without your permission. Any information you supply to us will be used for the purpose for which it was given and as otherwise allowed by applicable law. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us, or with other Site users on public areas of the Site, we may share information:
- with our affiliates
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business
Your Access Rights
You can access, correct or remove your personal information from our database by contacting us at our office at (617) 471-1213 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take us a reasonable amount of time to remove your information.
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we strive to maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards. All credit card information you provide to our Site is processed and maintained by PayPal.
Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to other, third party websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website for which we have no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such websites as their policies may be different than ours.
Modifications to this Policy
How to Contact Us
Last Updated: 7/14/2014