All interested programs must submit an application in order to be considered for an equipment donation.
We do ask that all applicants meet each of the following criteria:
- Your organization directly serves youth between the ages of 3-18 years old
- Your organization serves youth in an economically disadvantaged area
- Your organization charges a participation fee of $299 or below
- Schools Only: More than half of the student body must be eligible for free/reduced lunch. And we cannot support tuition-based schools.
- Your organization is located in the United States
- Your organization operates an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program that offers consistent and structured opportunity for play to large groups of children
Additionally, Good Sports is NOT able to donate to the following:
- Short-term events such as sports camps and tournaments
- Individual athletes
- Tuition-based schools
Applications must be filled out accurately and with as much detail as possible; while approval is not guaranteed, the more detail you provide, the greater your chance is of being approved.
All approved organizations will:
- Gain access to our catalog of available inventory, which displays the equipment, apparel, and footwear that we have available at the current time
- Be able to use up to six (6) total donation requests over a two-year period, with a maximum of three (3) donation requests per year
Important Information for School Applicants:
- Schools must apply as a whole; applications for individual programs or teams within the school will not be considered.
- If your school has a physical education program, be sure to include demographic information (Section 2) for the entire student population of the school – NOT just the students on the school’s athletic teams.
- In terms of budget information (Section 5), you may simply report the revenue and expenses which relate directly to your overall athletic/physical education department. You do not need to report budget numbers for the entire school.
FINALLY, PLEASE ALSO NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- You will be required to sign a release form and pay a donation processing fee prior to receiving each donation. The fee will always equal 5% of the total retail value of the items; for example, if the total value of your items equals $2,000, you will be asked to provide $100, etc. There is no maximum fee. This is a change to our fee structure and effective 2/7/19.
- It is recommended that you print a hard copy of your application for your own records.
- Make sure you are using the most updated version of your web browser when completing the application.
- Choose the appropriate button below to get started! If at any point in the application process you find that you have questions, issues, or concerns regarding this process, please visit the FAQ page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.