The Atlanta Hawks Foundation is teaming up with Good Sports to support the Foundation’s Project Rebound initiative. Project Rebound’s mission is to increase access to play basketball and grow capacity of Georgia basketball programs. To this end, we will donate brand-new basketball and fitness equipment. Donations will be specifically tailored to fit the needs of the organization. Grants are extremely limited.
In order to be considered, the organization must meet the criteria below and submit an application by Sunday, October 15th.
If you have applied previously, Good Sports may reach out to you directly to make a donation in connection to Project Rebound.
Please note that the criteria for a Project Rebound/Good Sports grant is the following:
- Your organization directly serves youth between the ages of 3-18 years old.
- Your organization serves youth in high need communities.
- Your organization charges a participation fee of $299 or below.
- Your organization provides consistent access to basketball programming for youth.
- Your organization is located in Georgia.
- Schools Only: Your school does not charge a tuition and more than half of the student body must be eligible for free/reduced lunch.
If you are approved but not selected for this specific opportunity, Good Sports can still assist you. The approval status lasts for two years and you can make multiple equipment requests.
About The Atlanta Hawks Foundation
The Atlanta Hawks Foundation’s mission is to increase access for metro Atlanta’s youth to play, grow and learn life and leadership skills through basketball.
The Foundation will achieve this mission by focusing on two key areas:
- Basic Access to Courts and Play – The Atlanta Hawks Foundation will improve and increase the availability of basketball courts and equipment and provide scholarships to Hawks camps and clinics.
- Volunteer Coaching Development – Of the 6.5 million youth coaches, only 1 in 3 say they have been trained in sport skills or tactics, according to the Aspen Institute’s Project Play. The Foundation will partner with trusted leaders in developing curricula to ensure Hawks clinics are delivering high-level instruction for volunteer coaches.
About Good Sports
Good Sports drives equitable access in youth sports and physical activity, by supporting children in high-need communities to achieve their greatest potential, on the field and in life. Since 2003, Good Sports has provided over $100 million in sports equipment, impacting over 9.3 million kids from more than 6,260 youth programs across the country. Good Sports has been awarded a coveted 4-star rating eight consecutive times from Charity Navigator, the nation’s largest charity evaluator, for sound fiscal management, transparency, and accountability. Additionally, Good Sports holds the top-level Platinum seal from GuideStar, and is a Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance accredited charity. To learn more or to get involved, please visit www.goodsports.org and follow us on Facebook @GSportsInc, X (formerly known as Twitter) @goodsportsinc, Instagram @goodsportsinc and LinkedIn @Good Sports, Inc.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Eliza Halmo at firstname.lastname@example.org.